Should a centre wish to enquire or appeal about a decision which they feel affects them negatively, they are required to follow the outlined procedure below:
- Centres should initially make contact with the Policy and HR Director via the enquiries email address to determine if there has been a misunderstanding in how LRN requirements have been interpreted;
- Where a centre feels there are grounds for appeal, they must present their concerns in writing to the Policy and HR Director;
- The Policy and HR Director will acknowledge receipt of the centre’s appeal, in writing, within 10 working days;
- The reasons for the centre’s appeal will be investigated by a member of the Senior Management Team;
- The outcome of the review will be communicated to the centre within 30 calendar days;
- Should the centre wish to appeal the outcome of the initial review, they can contact the Policy and HR Director who will appoint an independent reviewer (LRN’s Appeals Panel) in order to seek a review of the reasons for the appeal and the initial response.
- The centre will be informed of the decision within 10 working days;
- The decision of the Appeals Panel will be deemed final and not subject to further appeal.
We acknowledge the independent member will not have any day to day contact with LRN, its qualifications or units, including assessment.
The Appeals Panel reserves the right to seek additional information or to extend the timescales for responding to the centre – in both cases, the centre will be informed in writing.